Here is something new for you to try our V Pudd!
The V Pudd is a Vegetarian version of Black Pudding. But it is not only for Vegetarians, it is a very tasty and versatile product which can be used in many simple and satisfying recipes. And the best part ……. it’s low in fat! The V Pudd only contains2.5g of fat per 100g.
V Pudd and Chickpea Salad.
Starter for 4 or meal for 2
Prep and cooking time 15 mins
Can be eaten warm or as a salad
- 1 V Pud sliced and then cut in half
- 1 410 gr tin Chick peas
- 50 gr mushrooms
- Olive oil for lightly frying above (or a spray oil or even just a little water which I tend to use to cut down on fat)
- Handful of diced red and yellow pepper
- Handful Coriander leaves for garnish
- Slice and lightly fry V Pud and mushrooms for about 5 mins.
- Add drained chick peas, cook for a further 3 mins.
- If eaten warm add rest of ingredients and enjoy.
- If eaten as salad allow to cool and then add rest of ingredients and enjoy.
I haven’t tried this yet but intend to do so soon as it looks and sounds yummy. Will let you know what I think when I have tried it.
Also try adding the V Pudd to other simple dishes such as omlettes, pizzas, pasta or even just popped in the oven with veg for a lovely easy tray bake!
Also good news for all dieting Black Pudding Fans!
Our Black Pudding is is also relatively low in fat at 6g per 100g especially when compared to other wholesale black puddings with many containing 25g of fat per 100g.
Not only are our puddings lower in fat they are an excellent source of iron due to the blood. And both our V Pudd and Black Pudds are packed with other wholesome ingredients including Barley: which contains the minerals copper, phosphorous and zinc and is high in soluble fibres beta glucan and pectin – the type that can help lower blood cholesterol; Oats: which are a good source of fibre and contain useful amounts of B vitamins as well as the minerals calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc. But best of all due to their high content of Oats which have a low Glycaemic Index black puddings leave you feeling fuller for longer.
I feel better now knowing I can still enjoy my Black Puddings/ V Pudd without packing on the pounds. Hope you do to.