There is nothing better than relaxing in the garden with friends or family in the sunshine. Why not impress them with these Black Pudding and Pork Sausage Rolls. Use them for a party, drinks in the garden, or maybe take them on a picnic with you.
Recipe by Delicious
- 320-350g packet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 400g British free-range sausage meat
- 200g skinned and chopped black pudding
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 50g finely chopped toasted walnuts
- A big pinch of ground mace or nutmeg
- A big pinch of salt and lots of pepper
- 1-2 free range beaten eggs
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half lengthways.
- Mix the sausage meat with the black pudding, rosemary, walnuts and mace (or nutmeg if using) salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands then shape in to 2 cylinders the same length as the pastry strips.
- Lay a cylinder down the centre of each strip, brush one long edge with the beaten egg, fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, then crimp with a fork and seal.
- Cut each one in to 10 equal lengths. Put on a baking paper-lined baking tray and brush with more beaten egg. Bake at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 20 minutes or until puffed up and richly golden
Serve them up and watch everyone enjoy