- 4 large slices of thick cut farmhouse style bread
- 4 large free range eggs
- 15g beef dripping
- 4 large rounds of black pudding
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
This is an amazing quick and easy recipe, have it for breakfast or for a snack, We all love a bit of fried bread, add in the egg and black pudding and it cant really get better. This recipe by Webber Life takes about 10 minutes prep time and about 8 minutes cook time and will serve 4 people. You can buy our award winning black pudding and other amazing products here
1. Cut the bread lengthways so you get the biggest possible slices.
2.Using a biscuit cutter, cut out a circular shape in all 4 slices. This is for your black pudding. It is important that the size if the cutter is the same as the disk of black pudding. Aim for a tight fit.
3. Cut a second 3 inch circle out of each slice next to the first one. This is for the egg. However, don’t add the egg to the bread at this stage.
4. Pre-heat a Cast Iron Griddle on the barbecue for around 10 minutes.
5. Add the beef dripping to the griddle until it’s smoking hot.
6. Place the 4 slices carefully on to the griddle so the black pudding stays in place.
7. Crack an egg into each of the circular cut outs then close the lid.
8. Carefully flip each of the slices after around four minutes. Barbecue for a further four minutes until both sides are golden brown. Then sprinkle with a little sea salt. Serve with thick cut marmalade.