- 3 apples , sweet, peeled, cored and sliced
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , for frying
- 8 slices black pudding , large or small / Chilli Black pudding if you prefer a bit of a kick
- 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers , cut into strips
- 100ml cider
Try this amazing Black Pudding with Apple and streaky Bacon recipe from the Dorling Kindersley Cookbook 2008, Perfect for a quick snack or a starter, even a light lunch.
- Cut the apples into slices. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add thesliced apple and add the sugar, cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until softened and slightly caramelized. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- add a little oil to a frying pan, then fry the black pudding slices, over a medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until slightly crisp. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Fry the bacon strips for 3 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly crisp, stirring frequently. Remove from the pan, increase the heat, and pour in the cider. Allow to bubble until well reduced and syrupy, stirring to incorporate any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- To serve, place a slice of black pudding on each plate, add a layer of apples, then repeat with the rest of the black pudding and apple. Top with the bacon strips and drizzle with the pan juices.