Recipe by: Simon Rimmer, Head Chef and owner of Greens restaurant.
- 650 ml hot vegetable stock
- 450g Arborio rice
- A splash of white wine
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly picked thyme
- Oil for frying
- 75ml double cream
- Sea salt
- 12 slices Vegetarian Black Pudding
- 8 tomatoes cut in half
- 300g of baby spinach
- Shavings of Vegetarian cheese
- Risotto- Fry the onion until soft, then add rice, thyme and wine and stir well. When the husk of the rice begins to crack, add a good ladle full of stock. When all this has been absorbed, add more stock. Continue until the rice is cooked. Season, then stir in the cream and baby spinach.
- Place the tomatoes (cut side facing upwards) on a tray of sea salt, then roast on a low heat for three hours until they dry out.
- Fry the vegetarian black pudding in oil until crisp.
- Serve a good portion of the risotto, topped with 2 slices of tomato and three slices of vegetarian black pudding and the cheese shavings.