- ½ a V Pud, sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250g pearled spelt
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 litre of water
- 175ml of local cider
- small handful of sage leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- extra virgin rapeseed oil
Recipe and Photos by Our Lizzy Vegetarian Cookery School
- Add the bouillon powder to the boiling water to make a stock, and then place on a low heat.
- Heat some oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are browned.
- Add the spelt and stir until coated in oil then add the cider and cook for 5 minutes. Add a ladleful of stock and stir. Add the sage leaves.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring frequently, adding more stock as required.
- When the spelt is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some extra virgin rapeseed oil in a clean pan. Test to see if the oil is hot and add the slices of Vegetarain Black Pudding. Fry until crispy before carefully turning over. When the Vegetarain Black Pudding is cooked on both sides.
- This works well as a stuffing for field mushrooms.