- ½ a V Pud
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin cannelini beans
- zest of 1 lemon
- large pinch of dried crushed chillies
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- good handful chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
Recepie and Photo’s by Our Lizzy Vegetarian Cookery School
- Rinse and drain the cannelini beans in a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and cooked until just starting to turn brown. Add the tomatoes and cook briefly.
- Add the chillies and lemon zest, followed by the cannelini beans.
- Stir gently to coat in the oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the chopped parsley.
- Slice the Vegetarain Black Pudding; this is easy to do if you slice it after taking it out of the fridge.
- Heat some extra virgin rapeseed oil in a clean pan. Test to see if the oil is hot and add the slices of Vegetarian Black Pudding. Fry until crispy before carefully turning over.
- When the V Pud is cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and combine with the bean mixture.
- Serve immediately.