100g smoked pancetta
4 Real Lancashire Black Pudding Slices
2tbsp white wine vinegar
mixed salad leaves
2 bundles of British Asparagus
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to season
tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp honey
- In a little oil fry the smoked pancetta until golden then remove from the pan and drain on some kitchen paper. In the same oil fry the black pudding for 7-8 minutes turning once.
- Place the asparagus on a tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake in an oven pre heated to 200°c / 180°c fan for 6-8 minutes turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a deep pan bring some water up to a rolling boil, add the white wine vinegar and crack in the eggs. Turn off the heat and leave to cook for 6-7 minutes for a runny yolk, remove from the water and drain any excess water on some kitchen paper.
- Whisk up the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and honey and season with a small pinch of salt and a grind of pepper.
- Place a small handful of salad leaves on a plate along with the asparagus and the black pudding, top with the poached egg, scatter over the pancetta then drizzle over the dressing.