- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 200g wild mushroom selection
- 200g black pudding
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g butter
- 100ml glass white wine
- 200ml cream
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Oil and flour for dusting
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp milk
- For the Topping:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry-ready rolled
Kevin Dundon created this recipe for a Creamy Chicken and Black Pudding Pie, he suggest using a good quality Black Pudding to enrich the flavour of this pie. Perfect on its own or with a seasonal salad or some steamed veg.
- Heat the butter in a large shallow saucepan with a drizzle of oil to prevent the butter from burning. Add in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the leeks, onion, garlic, mushrooms and black pudding at this stage, then add a little seasoning.
- Pour in the white wine and cream, allowing the mixture to come to a gentle boil whilst stirring all the time.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened, then set aside for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pie dish by rubbing the edges with a little oil or butter and a dusting of flour.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then using the dish base as a template, cut around the base and place the pastry in the base of the dish.
- Use the remaining pastry to line the edges of the dish then pour in the cooled mixture. Place the top sheet of puff pastry over the dish, and brush with egg wash, trim as necessary.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Once the pie is cooked remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Serve with season vegetables or some salad greens.