It’s British Pie Week, hurray a great excuse to indulge in lots of lovely pies!
And a great excuse to get into the kitchen to do some baking! Why not try this great british classic with a twist:
Black Pudding and Potato Pie.
- 1 lb of mince meat
- 1 ½ lbs / 680 g of potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots (optional)
- 1 Oxo cubes
- 3 tablespoons Bisto
- 1 pint of boiling water
- One Black Pudding, skinned & sliced
- 8 oz / 230g seasoned short crust pastry
- Cut all of the vegetables into 1 inch cubes and place in a casserole dish, add the mince to the dish.
- Make up the stock cube with the pint of boiling water and add to the casserole dish alongside the meat and vegetables and season. Cover and cook at gas mark 4/350oF/180oC for 1 ½ hours.
- Make the bisto into a paste with a little cold water. Add to the casserole along with the Black Pudding.
- Top with the short crust pastry and egg wash the top.
- Replace in the oven and continue to cook for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Definately going to try this sounds delicious! Xxx