· white wine vinegar
· olive oil
· 200g quality black pudding
· 2 x 5cm-thick slices of bloomer loaf
· 2 large free-range eggs
· unsalted butter
· Marmite or Vegemite
A simple yet amazing recipe by Jamie Oliver its super easy to make a really quick. A great breakfast idea, and a twist on the traditional eggs and soldiers with crispy black pudding. You can buy our award winning black pudding from our online shop
- Put a pan of water on to boil and add a pinch of sea salt and a splash of vinegar.
- Heat a medium frying pan to high and add a little oil. Pull the skin off your black pudding, then crumble it into the pan. When it starts to crisp, pop your bread in the toaster.
- When the pudding looks and tastes done spoon it onto kitchen paper to drain while you poach your eggs.
Stir the boiling water to create a motion that will help the egg white wrap around neatly. Crack in the eggs. They will cook in a few minutes, depending on how you like them.
Butter your toast then smear it with a thin layer of Marmite or Vegemite. Cut each slice into soldiers.
- Serve a poached egg next to the toast, sprinkle over the black pudding and dig in.