- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- oil, for frying
- 250 g whole chorizo sausages, cut into chunks
- 250 g morcilla, (Spanish black pudding), cut into chunks
- good glug of sherry
- 400 g cooked lentils
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 100 ml beef stock
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 generous handfuls parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
By Simon Rimmer
1. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli in a little oil until softened. Push to the side of the pan and tip in the chorizo and morcilla and fry for a few minutes to cook through.
2. Stir all the contents of the pan together and add a good glug of sherry. Cook to bubble away the liquid.
3. Add the lentils, paprika and stock and bring to the boil. Drop in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until the skins pop.
4. Stir in the pepper and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in a deep bowl with crusty bread.