- 2 x 170g fillets smoked haddock
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 slices black pudding
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices bread
- Cherry tomatoes and parsley, to garnish
A great start to the day, this dish can be served as a breakfast or as a lunch treat. The combination of Smoked Haddock and Black Pudding is amazing. At only 443kcal per serving its healthier than a fry up too. For more nutritional info and other great fish recipes follow the link below
- Heat the milk in a large based pan and once boiling turn down to a simmer. Add the fish, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish, until the fish is cooked through.
- While the fish is poaching, heat the grill to medium. Grill the black pudding until it’s cooked through. Remove from the grill, keep warm and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Place the eggs in a shallow dish and add the bread, one slice at a time, to soak up the egg. Add the bread to the frying pan and cook, flipping over half way through until golden on both sides.
- Lay the eggy bread on 2 plates and top with the black pudding. Remove the poached smoked haddock from the milk, drain and lay the fish on top of the black pudding. Serve garnished with the cherry tomatoes and parsley.