900 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 leeks, sliced
100 g black pudding, cut into cubes
450 g pork and leek sausages
150 ml cider or apple juice
1 sprigs thyme
1 tsp butter
Wholesome British flavours, pork, apples, cider and black pudding combine to make a perfect winter meal. We all love a bit of sausage and mash and this easy recipe can be ready in just 35 minutes. Use our amazing award winning black pudding, to make it even more tasty. You can buy our award winning black pudding here
1. Place the potatoes into a pan, cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes until soft. During the last 8-10 minutes add the leeks.
2. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, dry fry the black pudding until crisp.
3. In a large saucepan, dry fry the pork and leek sausages for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
4. With an apple corer or sharp knife, remove the core of the apple, leaving the skin on. In the last 5 minutes of cooking the sausages, add the apple to the pan and cook to a light brown colour.
5. Pour in the cider or apple juice and add the thyme to the sausages; bubble until reduced slightly.
6. Drain the potatoes and leeks. Mash them with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Stir the black pudding through the mash.
7. Serve the sausages with the black pudding and leek mash, apple gravy and your favourite seasonal green vegetables.