- 16 British free-range streaky bacon rashers
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs, halved
- 16 slices – about 500g – black pudding (skin removed)
- 01.Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lay each bacon rasher flat on a chopping board then, holding one end, run the flat edge of a kitchen knife blade along the length of it, gently pressing down to stretch the rasher to about double its size. Slice the bacon rashers in half lengthways, then arrange them into 16 crosses on the work surface.
- 02.Lay a thyme sprig diagonally across each cross, then place a slice of black pudding in the centre. Bring the rashers up and over the black pudding, press the ends down on each other to secure, then flip over. Put on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes.