- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 150ml/ 1/4 pt milk
- 5 large British Lion eggs
- oil for frying
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 8 slices of Lancashire black pudding
- tomato ketchup to serve
A great breakfast recipe from Eggrecipes, a quick, easy but amazing recipe. There is enough to serve the family and only 328 calories per serving. For more amazing Egg recipes, check out their website.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Beat the milk with 1 egg and add to the flour, mixing to make a smooth batter.
- Brush a large non-stick frying pan with a little vegetable oil then drop 4 spoonful’s of the batter at a time into the pan and cook for 2 mins or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Turn over and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Keep warm whilst you cook a further 8 pancakes in the same way.
- Grill the bacon and black pudding under a hot grill to your liking. Wipe out the frying pan and add 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil. Carefully crack in the remaining eggs and cook for 2-3 mins or until fried to your liking. Serve the pancakes topped with a fried egg and the bacon and black pudding.